User Feedback Requested:
Users, would you like to see all updates posted to Twitter or just the major new posts (as currently done)? Thanks!
Our area saw rain today, on schedule between 12- 3 PM, although some areas far to the west and north had a wintry mix, as temperatures remained below freezing. The mix did not occur as close to PHL as forecast. Here’s the surface temperatures at 3 PM today—
For the weekend—
Saturday, a strong flow of relatively mild air moves in. Original forecasts showed significant sunshine for Saturday, but the latest GFS suggests considerable cloudiness, a period of sun mid to late morning, then a mix of clouds and sun at times in the afternoon. There’s high uncertainty about the cloud cover Saturday, as captured in this NBM graphic—
With more clouds forecast, the high temperature looks to be 51.4º (NBM) and 49º (GFS) (Seasonal average high is 40º)
- Considerable cloudiness, a period of sun mid to late morning, then a mix of clouds and sun at times in the afternoon.
- High temp 51.4º sd 2.5º (NBM model) Blue Bell (high spread!) (Canadian models 53.4º)
- Very WINDY winds from NW 15 mph, gusts to 30.
For Sunday, a secondary low forms off of Virginia. Precipitation moves in between 7 and 9 AM, starting as light snow or a rain mix. Changes to rain for most of the immediate PHL area. A change back to light snow is possible Sunday evening, with a coating at most.
(It appears that the new GFS may have a cold bias and the snow totals posted yesterday are incorrect and over-done.)
Any other winter, we’d have snow, but a lack of cold air to our north will keep it mostly rain.
- Cloudy, starting as light snow or a rain mix. Changes to rain for most of the immediate PHL area. A change back to light snow is possible Sunday evening north and west, with a coating at most.
- High temp 41.6.º sd 1.4º(NBM model) Blue Bell area.
- Winds NE 10-15 mph