From last night…
While I post the weather forecasts mostly for storms and weekends, I do look at the models every day. It’s my daily crossword puzzle. This weekend’s weather forecast has undergone a significant evolution over the past several days.
Originally, Saturday was expected to be dry. Over the past two days, the forecast for Saturday has changed. There’s still some uncertainty about the amount of showers and the degree of cloudiness.
An upper air short wave will move through on Saturday along with a warm front. Moisture from the south along with the short wave’s vertical lift will result in showers.
Tonight’s HRRR and HIRESW, just available, suggest even less rain and periods of clouds and some sun for Saturday
- A mix of clouds and some sun. Light showers possible throughout the day, although it’s looking less showery. Total precip 0.1 to 0.3 inches of rain.
Showers more likely far western suburbs.
- High temp 74.6º sd 2.6º (high spread)
- Winds light SE
- Cloudy in the morning, sun by afternoon
- No precip expected, although probabilities a bit elevated west of Philadelphia.
- High temp 80.1º sd 1.1º Humid!
- Winds light SSE to S