It was very sunny out this afternoon. I’ve looked back at this morning’s models; almost every one of them had predicted significant cloudiness this afternoon. ( As I often say, a tropical system in the picture seems to throw off most model forecasts.)
The only one that got this sunny forecast right was the German ICON model.
I download the ICON model data daily as a curiosity; I have never based a forecast on it.
(Maybe I’ll need to look at the ICON model in the future when tropical systems are in the picture?)
For Wednesday, most models repeat the same forecast- cloudy in the morning, with increasing sunshine in the afternoon. (The ICON model has the same forecast.) High pressure in the northeast strengthens and noses down into our area.
- Clouds in the morning, brightening late morning
- Sunshine through some high clouds in the afternoon.
- Winds E becoming ESE 10-12 mph. Gusts to 20
- Winds decrease later in the afternoon.
- High temp 62.6° sd 1.2° (NBM) 61.1º (HRRR)
FYI – Showers are being forecast for some of Friday and Saturday